Dr. Sabine Goisser - Nutritional Scientist
Network Aging Research
Bergheimer Straße 20
Phone: +49 (0)6221 319 3348
Fellows: Dr. Michael Schwenk, Prof. Dr. Jürgen Bauer
ENSuRE (Exercise Nutrition Sarcopenia REview)
Current treatment strategies for sarcopenia include exercise and/or nutritional interventions. The ENSuRE project is funded from 2017 to 2019 by a research grant from the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research with the goal of providing a comprehensive overview of the existing evidence on this topic by means of a systematic review and meta-analysis on the effects of such intervention programs on sarcopenia-associated outcomes. In cooperation with the Chair of Geriatric Medicine (Prof. Dr. Jürgen Bauer) and the Institute for Medical Biometry and Informatics (Dr. Katrin Jensen) of Heidelberg University we will conduct a comprehensive synthesis and analysis of all available randomized controlled intervention studies on physical training and nutritional supplementation that focus on the amelioration of sarcopenia-associated endpoints. We will include physiological parameters (muscle mass, strength, functional performance) as well as patient-relevant outcomes such as hospitalizations, institutionalization, physical impairment and mobility. This work will help to find answers to the following specific questions:
- What role has physical training in the treatment of sarcopenia?
- Which training interventions (type, dose) are most effective?
- What role has nutritional supplementation in sarcopenia treatment?
- Which nutritional interventions (type, dose) are most effective?
- What additional benefit has a combination of both intervention types when compared to interventions covering only one of the two domains?
- 2015 - 2017 Forschungsstipendium der Robert-Bosch-Stiftung im Programm „Blickwechsel International. Junge Forscher gestalten neues Alter“
- 2013 - 2014 Promotionsstipendium im Programm zur Förderung der Chancengleichheit für Frauen in Forschung und Lehre (FFL) der FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg
|since 12/2017||Research associate (Postdoc) at the Network Aging Research (NAR) and the Chair of Geriatrics, Heidelberg University|
|since 2017||Research associate (Postdoc) at the Institute for Biomedicine of Aging (IBA), Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg|
|2015 - 2017||Research associate (Postdoc) at the Institut du Vieillissement, Gérontopôle, Centre hospitalier universitaire (CHU) de Toulouse, France|
|2011 - 2015||Research associate (doctoral student) at the Institute for Biomedicine of Aging (IBA), Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg|
|2003 - 2010||Studies in Nutritional Science (Diploma), Hohenheim University, Stuttgart|