Basic Biological Research and Medical Aging Research
The core of the research area consists of:
- Chair for molecular biology – ZMBH/Faculty for bioscience (University of Heidelberg): Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Konrad Beyreuther
- Chair forDKFZ-ZMBH-Alliance and NAR (University of Heidelberg): Prof. Dr. Stephan Herzig
- Branch – gerontopsychiatry with a chair for clinical psychiatry of the medical faculty Heidelberg (University of Heidelberg): Prof. Dr. Johannes Schröder
- Research groups of both medical faculties (University of Heidelberg)
- Chair for epidemiology of diseases and functional restrictions in advanced age (DKFZ): Prof. Dr. Hermann Brenner as well as
- Chair for gerontopsychiatry (ZI Mannheim): Prof. Dr. Lutz Frölich
More research groups may and should be added. This concerns, in particular, but not conclusively, the research groups of both medical faculties of the University of Heidelberg (working group Medical Aging Research) and bioscientific research groups of the University of Heidelberg as well as DKFZ research groups. The decision of who will be admitted is made by the leaders of each research group.
The seven floors in the Logo
of the NAR "building" represent
the seven cooperation partners,
which make up the virtual institute
and the network.