am Netzwerk AlternsfoRschung (NAR) und am Lehrstuhl für Geriatrie der Universität Heidelberg (AGAPLESION Bethanien Krankenhaus) ist zum 01.11.2017 eine Projektstelle zu besetzen
- Durchführung des systematischen Reviews/Meta-Analyse
- Koordination der Arbeit mit den Projektpartnern in den Bereichen Ernährungswissenschaften, Sportwissenschaften, Geriatrie, Gerontologie, Biometrie
- Erstellung von wissenschaftlichen Publikationen zur diesem Forschungsprojekt
- Promotion im Fach Ernährungswissenschaften, Sportwissenschaften, Physiotherapie oder verwandte Disziplin.
- Gute Kenntnisse in der Erstellung von systematischen Reviews/Meta-Analysen
Dauer: Die Stelle ist zunächst auf 2 Jahre befristet.
Kontakt: Dr. Michael Schwenk, Telefon 06221 54-8248, Prof. Dr. Jürgen M. Bauer, Telefon 06221 319-1501
Bewerbungsfrist: 15. September 2017
- Conduct of a study on innovative approaches of cancer early detection based on breath testing
- Collaboration with our internal and external project partners
- Planning of project conduct, development of experimental set up, contribution o field work, supervision of project personnel (study nurse, data manager, lab technician), conduct of data analyses, writing of reports and scientific publications
- Support of the programme coordinator
- Participation in local, national and international research consortia
- Conducting of advanced statistical analyses
- Supervision and advanced training of doctoral candidates
- Possibilities for further scientific training and postdoctoral lecture qualifica-tion (German: Habilitation) are given
- Above-average PhD level training in the field of life sciences / medicine
- Additional qualification or experience in epidemiology / biostatistics, prefe-rably in clinical epidemiology
- Very good knowledge of epidemiologic analyses and methods
- Substantial experience in working with statistical software (SAS, R)
- Enthusiasm for working with patients and in interdisciplinary, team-orienta-ted research groups
- Very good communication skills and command of English
Duration: The position is limited at first for 2 years. Prolongation is possible.
Contact: Prof. Dr. Hermann Brenner, phone +49 6221 42-1301.
Application Deadline: July 11, 2017
The position can in principle be part-time.
- Colorectal cancer (CRC) is the most common cancer and the second leading cause of cancer death among men and women in Germany. Disease risk and outcome are to a large proportion modifiable through life style factors (e.g. obesity, diet, physical activity, or NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) use). However, there is also a genetic component to the disease and inter-individual differences in disease outcome of CRC patients may to some extend originate from (epi)ge-netic and genomic variation.
- The main focus of this research project is the practical application and develop-ment of tailored statistical methods for the evaluation of (epi)genetic data from association and expression studies.
- It is based on IMPACT, a long-term, population-based cohort study that aims to assess determinants of long-term outcomes (e.g. therapy response, survival) and quality of life (e.g. co-morbidities) in patients with colorectal cancer (CRC).
- The project is led by Prof. Hermann Brenner (Preventive Oncology, DKFZ) in colla-boration with Prof. Justo Lorenzo Bermejo and Dr. Dominique Scherer (Statistical Genetics Group, Institute of Medical Biometry and Informatics, Heidelberg Uni-versity).
- The successful candidate will have the possibility to work at the interface of ge-netics and biostatistics and will gain substantial experience in both the practical analysis of genetic data and the development of novel statistical techniques.
- For general information on the department see http://www.dkfz.de/en/praeventive-onkologie/.
- Applications should include a CV, grade certificates with marks and name of 2-3 referees.
- We are looking for a highly motivated, well qualified student with a diploma in biology, biostatistics or equivalent degree; ideally with practical experience in SAS and/or R. A background in molecular biology and genetics and knowledge of biostatistics and bioinformatics is desirable. The candidate should have good analytical and communication skills, and be interested in working in an interdis-ciplinary team at the forefront of cancer research and biostatistics.
Duration: The position is limited to 3 years.
Contact: Dr. Dominique Scherer, phone +49 6221 56-7302.
Application Deadline: May 12, 2017